Sickle Cell Foundation of Alberta is looking for 10 Community development officers/Market research specialists.
Our organization exists to support sickle cell patients, their caregivers, and health care professionals in primary and acute care settings. We strive to increase research funding for SCD and to create awareness and education around Sickle Cell Disease both within the sickle cell community and through our outreach initiatives with the larger community.
- Develop partnerships with community businesses, medical offices, and community households.
- Attend community festivals for outreach purposes.
- Compile and maintain an accurate community contact list.
- Represent the foundation’s brand.
- Other tasks may be assigned.
- Report to SCFA president and general board routinely.
- Start date: July for 8 weeks.
- Job type: Full time, Temporary (evening and weekend available).
- Location: Edmonton and surrounding – Hybrid (In-person and remotely).
- Salary: $16.95/hr
- Sales/marketing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Zoom, and similar programs, and project management tools.
- Social media (Instagram, Tiktok, etc.)
- Management and leadership skills.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Time management
- Familiarity with census tract information will be useful.
- Familiarity with Sickle Cell Disease will be useful.
- Marketing/sales experience
- Community service experience
*You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.